It’s the classic ice breaker. A relatively safe start to a conversation. Most of the times the response is a story about a holiday or new job or something really exciting that the person cannot wait to share with you.
But what about the times when we respond with “Not that much.”
Is this really true? How can it be when we are constantly so busy!
We are now onto our 3rd quarter of the year (the second half … already?) and it is becoming a more and more popular time to plan your next 90-days and 6-month goals. It can also a great opportunity to reflect on what you have accomplished over the first 6 months of 2019.
During a recent coaching session, I became very focused on everything still needs to be done to build my business. I began listing all the things I needed to do and to learn now and I very quickly became very overwhelmed.
It was at this time that my coach and I changed direction and started to reflect on the journey so far. When we broke it down and started to list my recent achievements, I became more confident and excited again about my journey.
After the session, I decided to break it down a bit more and it was quite a shock! This year really has gone quickly!
My quick summary list for 2019 is:
- Completed my Life Coaching Diploma, nearly finished my Personal Performance Diploma and started working on my Small Business Coaching Diploma
- Created my website, started blogging and creating more content on Facebook and Instagram
- Became Accredited in DISC Personality Profiling
- Been a coach and a coaching client
- Meet some truly inspiring people who are helping me become the person and coach I want to be
There is no better time than now to glance back and see how far you have come. To really ask yourself:
- What have I achieved during the year?
- What have I learnt?
- What worked… and what didn’t?
- What could I have done differently?
- What strengths did I learn I have?
- What have I been most proud of?
- What surprised me the most?
Once you have more clarity about where you are in this moment, you can have a more optimistic and exciting look to the future. You can ask What steps do you need to take to achieve your goals for 2019? What is something fun you could do? What would your friend or role model do? What would bring you the most benefit?
Time to reset and focus on the future and again.
So, long story short… It’s only too late if you don’t start now – Barbara Sher